My skincare routine. What you need and Why?

10:46 AM





It is very easy to walk into a beauty store and feel overwhelmed by all of the new and interesting beauty products on the market that sometimes causes us to either use too many products or none at all. Today I will be sharing my own daily skincare routine hoping that it could bring some understanding of what to do first and why?

Over the years, I have become quite the hoarder of beauty products. I have to admit that I too have caught the beauty bug that's been going around. I'm a sucker for innovative beauty tools and gadgets- the creams, masks, serums, massagers, steamers, oils, etc... And at times I feel like using all of them at the same time, but the result is an increasingly complex routine which includes layering everything on my shelve. 
Being quite the makeup junky that I am, having a meticulous skin care regimen is of the utmost importance. Working in the beauty industry, I can safely say that I have tried an array of skincare products- from Clinique all the way up to La Mer, but even the best, most expensive products can backfire if you use too many of them or in the wrong order. For example, imaging exfoliating your skin and doing a peel right after. You would be causing a lot of stress to the epidermis and leaving it exposed to sunburns and other environmental free radicals. 

So here is the key to having a simple yet effective skincare regimen.


Cleanse















This is the very first step of your routine and in this step, you need 2 products

Makeup remover
The makeup remover can be a wipe or a liquid and should only be used to remove makeup. A biphase makeup remover is recommended, as it is more gentle on the skin and the oil helps in breaking down mascara and those matte and long wear shadows. 

Clickable Recommendations

Clinique
Lacome
Chanel
Neutrogena


Facial cleanser 
After you remove your makeup you can use a tool like the foreo or clarisonic with your favorite face wash to cleanse your skin. Don't use something too harsh, especially if you're going to do this every day. Only use an exfoliating face wash once a week

Recommendations

Clinique
Amore Pacific
Neutrogena
Kate Sommerville


Tone













A toner is used to bring back balance and moisture to the skin after washing it. You know that fresh squeaky feeling you get after you wash your face or your hair? Well, that's not a good sign, that's an indication that your skin was stripped of all necessary oils needed to protect the surface of your skin and hair strands, therefore you would normally go in with a conditioner. Well, consider your toner that conditioner. Not only does it bring moisture back to the skin but it also removes any remaining makeup and dead skin. You can customize this to your skin type. TONING IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.  

Clickable Recommendations



Mask it up!

I usually do this once a week (Sundays) right after my exfoliating face wash. Alternating between a moisture mask and a purifying mask every week. Your skin will thank you for this, trust me. You can create a DIY mask with Avocado and honey- for all my healthy vegan girls, but based on your skin type you have a world of masks to choose from. Here are some good options below. 

CLICK ME for all the best masks.


Face serum


Your serum holds all those rich ingredients your skin needs to thrive and glow all year long. The consistency of a serum allows it to penetrate deeper than a moisturizer. A serum might easily be the most important product in your skincare routine. I personally only do this step at night. While I'm asleep, my skin cells are working, feeding on whatever products I applied that night, so I make the best out of my serum by including it in my night time routine.

Recommendations



Face cream


And last but definitely not least comes your face cream. Your daily face cream should be a hydrating one. The moment you apply it to the skin it should get absorbed like water and not sit on the surface. A cream that will not make your oily through the day or mix with your makeup.


Recommendations



Voila!
Instant glowing right after this routine!

   
Share this with someone who's in desperate need of skincare order!


Xo,
Glamquest girl


You Might Also Like

0 comments