Getting your winter glow

12:10 AM


Hello, Winter. 

As a Floridian, I am blessed to live in the Sunshine State, specifically the sunny city of Miami.
Sure the humidity weighs down our hair and freezes up our curls, but as an upside, it keeps our skin
hydrated and moist. Come winter, especially in the much cooler cities, our skin tends to sing a different kind of tune. The dry air causes the skin and any products applied to its surface to flake up and look dry. Our skin becomes more easily irritated, and no amount of moisturizer seem to really penetrate deep enough to properly hydrate it. I have worked tirelessly to educate myself and learn about some key products I believe that every woman should introduce to their skin, and include in their skincare regimen this winter season.  As usual, all products will be listed bellow.

First, “Open up those pores”

Those are the exact words you do not want to hear in the warmer seasons when your skin is glowing
under the sun and you can’t seem to keep your oils under control. The total opposite occurs in the winter.
Your skin is tighter around that time, and although your pores might shrink a little, not being able to get any type of moisturizer pass your epidermis is not worth the trouble. So yes, open up those pores.

A skin and hair steamer is my secret weapon in the winter time. Though I usually put my naturally curly 
hair in hibernation by wearing extensions and wigs around that time, it is crucial for my skin to get all the 
necessary nutrients in order to keep flourishing and glowing all winter long. 

Dr Dennis Gross Pro Facial steamer 

IMG_4162.jpeg


Next, go in with a great oil-based facial serum. 
My recommendation is... 

AMOREPACIFIC Moisture bound rejuvenating serum 
IMG_4159.jpeg


This  24-hour time-release formula replaces water which usually dries in cold weather with highly concentrated 
bamboo sap that provides long-lasting hydration upon application.

Then finally, a moisturizer. 


My favorite this season is the Ole Henriksen Nurture-me moisturizer.

IMG_4160.jpeg

Now your gorgeous skin is ready for makeup all winter long.
Happy shopping :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments